Is the UTC Mascot
Does "Chief Moccanooga" Celebrate
Chattanooga's Native Heritage
or Denigrate Native Americans?
speakers' forum with
a panel of invited guests
discussion -- questions & answers speakers:
- Nicholas Honerkamp, UC Foundation Professor of Anthropology
- tom kunesh, Public Relations, Chattanooga InterTribal Assoc./CITA
- Jim G. Lewis, Associate Professor and Chair, Theater & Speech Dept.
- A.J. Range Associate Dean, Minority Affairs
- Sharon Rose Professor, WomenÕs Studies
- Jonathan M. Webber Student, English & Anthropology
- Verbie L. Prevost Associate Professor, English
sponsored by the Sociology, Anthropology and Geography Association (SAGA),
the Association for the Awareness of Indigenous Peoples (AFAIP),
the Student Government Association (SGA), and
the Chattanooga InterTribal Association (CITA).
Thursday, April 14th - 6:30 pm (1994)
Flag Room - Guerry Center